Friday, February 17, 2006

When I look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Karen Minnis

Every time I hear the name Karen Minnis, I get the Wicked-Witch-of-the-West theme from The Wizard of Oz in my head. This is a woman who seems to derive pleasure from milking the system for everything she can get from it.

And while she's following the letter of the law, Minnis obviously knows she's doing something unethical, because she tried to create a fix:

Although Minnis co-authored the proposed ban on double-dipping, the Wood Village Republican had her campaign pay her $5,200 for gas and mileage at the same time she received state per diem.


She says she followed the law and guidance from state officials. That may be the case. But just how little ethics does it take to put together a a proposal to end the practice of taking money from the state twice for the same expense...and then continue to keep right on doing it?

That theme music in my head is getting louder.