Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Saxton concedes

"Obviously I'm not here with the results we hoped for. I did just called the Governor and congratulate him and wish him the best for the next four years. We're all going to work together as Oregonians to help make that true."


Ted (9:49):

"This is a great night for all of Oregon. Tonight we choose hope and opportunity. Tonight we choose to invest in our people. Tonight we choose a path that will lead us to a better future. In this campaign my opponent and I often disagreed about how government can help to create that better future. But I never heard much disagreement about the responsibility of government to lead us in that effort. In fact, each of us challenged the other to live up to that responsibility. It is time to act on that challenge now."