Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Troutdale City Councilor Robert Canfield: I heart the nanny state!

Apparently the City of Troutdale isn't especially picky about who it elects for City Council.



Meet Troutdale City Councilor Robert Canfield. And he even has a blog.

As with every person in the US, I defend Councilor Canfield's right to be an idiot of epic proportions. This is America, after all.

And then I get to exercise my right to call him an idiot--and tell you why!

Its apparent from Canfield's post that he believes the government knows better than parents how to monitor what their kids see on the internet at the library. Canfield also believes that local libraries should be taking federal tax dollars to implement the GOP nanny state agenda.

I don't want the government telling me how to raise my kids, Mr. Canfield. Why do you? Why are you so offended by individuals who demand that parents take personal responsibility for their own children?

This is what they see fit to elect in Troutdale, Oregon.

Pathetic.