Saturday, February 04, 2006

Admin: The Politics of Web Aesthetics

The founders of LO bring to bear many passions, skills and hobbies--but I'm not sure "graphic design" shows up in either of our portfolios. (Bear in mind that in speaking for Carla, I am merely returning the favor!) I think the original view of the site looked awesome, but with the light type on a dark background, I found my eyes getting tired quickly. There was reader input to the same effect, so in elevating ocular comfort over brand imaging I have reversed the contrast. I don't promise satisfaction with the current color scheme (and Carla may freak when she sees it!), so pardon our mess if we go briefly schizo with our look.

If there is something you don't see that you want, or vice versa, be sure to drop us a line. We will not do you like Deborah Howell.

--TJ (and Carla!)