Tuesday, April 04, 2006

PDX Police Chief Accused of "Misconduct"

Mayor Potter dropped a bit of a bombshell a few minutes ago...

STATEMENT FROM MAYOR POTTER ON TORT CLAIM AGAINST CHIEF DERRICK FOXWORTH

On March 16, 2006, I became aware of allegations of misconduct made against Portland Police Chief Derrick Foxworth. I met immediately with Yvonne Deckard, director of the City of Portland's Human Resources Bureau, to discuss the allegations.

I asked Ms. Deckard to immediately undertake a thorough investigation to determine the merit of these allegations. That investigation has begun. Because this is a personnel matter, City officials cannot discuss the investigation.

I have asked Chief Foxworth to continue in his duties pending resolution of this matter.


I'd comment, but what's to comment? Right now we know nothing but what Tom says here. Let me see if I can work on some details from the inside...