Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Carla and TJ freebase politics at Digital Politics Forum and after party.

If you were unable to attend last night's Digital Politics Forum on how the internet and blogging are transforming politics in the US--you definitely missed out. But fret not, dear denizens of technology. We'll have an audio recording of the proceedings up (hopefully) in the next day or two.




A special thanks goes out to the panelists who offered superb commentary on questions ranging from how best to use blogs to motivate and inform the electorate to using the internet as a field organizing tool. And kudos to David Sirota, who moderated the panel.

Unbeknownst to me, there was an Election Day party at Acme following the Forum. The party drew local lefty politicos from around the region including Jesse Cornett, Charlie Burr, Portland City Commish Randy Leonard (who I met last night for the first time--very cool).

Oh yes my friends--my night of political freebasing was exceedingly entertaining.

I even had a chance to meet up again with Dorchester attendee Mike Riley, Grand Poobah of Riley Research. This time I had the opportunity to shake Mike's hand on more friendly turf--which was nice. TJ had a chance to really bend Mike's ear--and perhaps he'll speak to that in comments.

Interestingly, the person who managed to educate me the most last evening isn't from Oregon. Seattle blogger David Goldstein is a walking lesson in self-promotion--and I don't mean that negatively. I sat back for awhile and watched David work the crowd following the Forum. He's got a brilliant knack for talking about himself and his work. David also spent a lot of time trying to cajole me out of my own self-promotion reticence.

I also took a few minutes to chat with fellow lefty blogger Darrel Plant, which I really enjoyed.

Speaking of lefty bloggers--if you attended last night's shindig, please drop us an email at loadedorygun at gmail (dot) com and let us know your thoughts about the Forum. Tell us what you liked, what you didn't like and how you think it could be improved in the future.